Realizing there are still a ton of Marvel portraits that I’ve yet to post to tumblr!
I’ll be doing an AP sale of every print from my show, HOPEFULLY soon, so look for that.
Typical Interaction with Actual Child: For "Adult Privilege" blogers
- EXPECTATION (according to @dragon-in-a-fez):
- Child: *brings toy up to parent*
- Parent: "Go put it back, I don't have enough money. If you're good you can have it in 2 weeks when I get paid again.
- Child: "Okay. :] I understand money is a limited resource and you buying me toys isn't an actual indicator of how much you love me. I will patiently wait for two weeks without continually pressing the issue. I love and appreciate all of the numerous sacrifices you make on my behalf as my primary caregiver, because toys are a luxury."
- Child: *Brings toy up to parent*
- Parent: "Go put it back, I don't have enough money. If you're good you can have it in 2 weeks when I get paid again."
- Child: "But its only $10!"
- Parent: "*Sigh* I already told you, I don't have enough money. Go put it back.
- Child: "Noooooo! Please?"
- Parent: *Growing annoyance* I said no."
- Child: "PLEASE?"
- Parent: *ignores and continues shopping*
- Child: *Follows them around the store* PLEASE? PLEEEASE? PLEASE?? ITS ONLY $10! WHY CANT I HAVE IT TODAY? ITS ONLY $10! YOU DONT HAVE $10? PLEASE? PLEASE? ITS ONLY $10. BUT ITS ONLY $10. ITS JUST $10. PLEASE? PLEASE? PLEASE? PLEASE? PLEASE?"
- Parent: "If you keep this up, you're not getting it at all
- Child: "NOOOO! *Takes thing out of cart* Okay put this back, now can I get it?!"
- Parent: ":| No. We need that. You can wait 2 weeks"
- Child: "NO I CANT, IT MIGHT NOT BE THERE"
- Parent: "Then you'll just have to wait until christmas/your birthday/later. Now this discussion is over. You're embarrassing me in public.
- Child: *gets to the register and puts it on the counter*
- Cashier: "Are you getting this?"
- Parent: *Immensely irritated after FORTY MINUTES OF BEGGING/WHINING* "No."
- Child: "*Starts crying* BUT I WANT IT"
- Parent: "I already told you to PUT IT BACK. You're not getting it at all now, because you dont know how to act."
- Child: *CRIES/SCREAMS LOUDER*
- Adult privilege bloggers: "Taking away a child's special toy is stealing you dont own your children children are capable of making informed rational decisions.